Summary 1 April – 30 June 2021
- Total revenues increased by 110 percent to MSEK 79.1 (37.7), of which the fashion business
accounted for MSEK 60.2 (35.0) and the real estate business for MSEK 18.9 (2.6).
- Gross profit margin increased to 72.9 percent (62.2).
- Operating profit amounted to MSEK 4.7 (-9.3).
- Unrealized changes in the value of properties amounted to MSEK 101.7 (-).
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 78.8 (-11.2).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.04 (-0.30).
- Four investment properties have been acquired at a property value of MSEK 221.
All acquisitions constitute asset acquisitions.
Summary 1 January – 30 June 2021
- Total revenues increased by 45 percent to MSEK 152.3 (104.8), of which the fashion
business accounted for MSEK 117.3 (99.6) and the real estate business for MSEK 35.0 (5.2).
- Gross profit margin increased to 66.6 percent (55.9).
- Operating profit amounted to MSEK 7.7 (-15.2).
- Unrealized changes in the value of properties amounted to MSEK 104.8 (0.0).
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 78.6 (-18.5).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.06 (-0.49).
- Seven investment properties have been acquired at a total property value of MSEK 276.5.
All acquisitions constitute asset acquisitions.
- After completed acquisitions, rental income from current property portfolio amounts to MSEK 83.6
and net operating income from the real estate business amounts to MSEK 69.2 on a twelve-month basis. This should not be equated with a forecast for the next 12 months when changes in the scope and conditions of the business are subject to change.
Significant events during the quarter and after balance day
- On April 6, Odd Molly entered into a letter of intent with a leading e-commerce player to acquire the company’s current main warehouse in Borås (Sweden) for an underlying property value of MSEK 63 and an existing lettable area of 12,700 square meters. In addition, an extension of a new modern logistics facility adjacent to existing property of approximately 8,400 square meters will be built to the company, giving a total lettable area of approximately 21,100 square meters.
- On April 12, Odd Molly announced that lease agreements had been signed with three tenants to build a new and state-of-the-art 12,000 square meter warehouse and logistics building. The building will be rented by three companies, PDL Group AB, Sweden’s leading padel player, BLL, which is a privately owned third-party logistics company and a leading company active in renewable energy.
- On April 14, the Board of Directors, pursuant to authorization, resolved to issue 2,400,000 shares in connection with the closing of the three properties in Borås (Sweden) for which agreements were signed on March 31, 2021. The underlying property value of the transaction was MSEK 137 and the properties have net operating income of MSEK 9.
- At the AGM on May 7, it was resolved to carry out the transaction with WRSD regarding the shares in the subsidiary Odd Molly Sverige AB and the company Used By.
- On May 17, Odd Molly closed the transaction of a property in Varberg, which was signed on January 13, 2021. The agreed property value amounted to MSEK 84 and as part of the acquisition, a total of 926,735 new ordinary shares were issued.
- On June 7, Philip Löfgren took over as Chief Financial Officer of the Group. Philip has worked within the Group with similar tasks in the past and is currently responsible for the Group’s finances and reporting.
- On June 18, Odd Molly entered into a letter of intent with HanssonGruppen EBJ AB regarding the acquisition of a total of three properties in the Gothenburg area with an underlying property value of approximately MSEK 167. Two of the properties are acquired through forward funding and are planned to be completed in the secondhalf of 2022. After completion, the properties comprise a lettable area of a total of 11,400 square meters and are expected to generate annual rental income of approximately MSEK 10.4 with net operating income of approximately MSEK 9.9. All contracts run with a rental period of 10-15 years. As part of financing the transaction, the Board of Directors of Odd Molly resolved to carry out a directed cash issue of a total of 2,166,667 ordinary shares of series A at a subscription price of SEK 18.00. The issue provided a total of MSEK 39 before transaction costs.
- On June 30, Odd Molly announced that the company has signed an agreement to acquire two adjacent properties in Smedjeholmen’s industrial area in Falkenberg, one of which is undeveloped with possible building rights of approximately 12,000 square meters. The second property is built with a fully leased modern warehouse and logistics building of approximately 10,000 square meters. The properties have an underlying property value of MSEK 78 and generate annual rental income of MSEK 7.1 with net operating income of MSEK 5.3.
- On July 1, the transaction was completed by selling the subsidiary Odd Molly Sverige AB (Fashion business and Used By) to We aRe SpinDye (WRSD). In consideration, Odd Molly International AB received 7,769,718 newly issued shares in WRSD with a value of MSEK 166.
- On July 1, Tobias Lövstedt became Chief Operating Officer of the Group. Tobias was previously Finance Manager for the Group’s real estate operations and will in the future be responsible for transactions, property development and financing.
- On 16 July, it was announced that Odd Molly had entered into a letter of intent to acquire a total of six properties located in well-established industrial areas in Karlskoga and Kristinehamn. The portfolio has a total lettable area of approximately 100,000 square meters and the underlying agreed property value amounts to MSEK 402.6. The properties are almost fully leased and generate annual rental income of approximately MSEK 42 with an estimated net operating income of approximately MSEK 29. Average remaining contract length is about six years.
Interim report Q3 2021 will be published on November 26, 2021.
This is an extract translation of the original Swedish language report. In the event of discrepancies,
the original Swedish wording shall prevail. Full report is only available in Swedish language.