1 OCTOBER – 31 DECEMBER 2020
- Total revenue decreased by 16 percent to MSEK 37.1 (43.9), of which the fashion business accounted for MSEK 28.1 (43.5) and real estate operations for MSEK 9.0 (0.4).
- The gross profit margin increased to 61.8 percent (32.7).
- Operating profit amounted to MSEK -19.1 (-26.9).
- Changes in value on properties amounted to MSEK 46.4 (0.0).
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 13.3 (-28.5).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.23 (-1.92).
- Nine properties were acquired during the quarter at a property value of MSEK 631.5. All acquisitions are classified as asset acquisitions.
1 january – 31 DECEMBER 2020
- Total revenue decreased by 25 percent to MSEK 201.1 (269.4), of which the fashion business accounted for MSEK 183.5 (269.0) and real estate operations for MSEK 17.6 (0.4).
- The gross profit margin increased to 54.6 percent (46.4).
- Operating profit amounted to MSEK -38.7 (-71.6).
- Changes in value on properties amounted to MSEK 64.6 (0.0).
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 1.9 (-75.9).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.05 (-6.42).
- 13 properties were acquired during the year at a property value of MSEK 676. All acquisitions are classified as asset acquisitions.
- After completed acquisitions, rolling twelve-month rental income from the current property portfolio amounts to MSEK 63 and operating profit from the real estate business to MSEK 55. This shall not be equated with a forecast for the next 12 months when changes in the capacity and circumstances of the business are subject to change.
IMPORTANT EVENTS DURING and after the end of the quarter
- In October 2020, a directed cash rights issue of a total of 3,000,000 new ordinary shares (class A) were issued at a subscription price of SEK 14 per share together with a directed issue of 3,750,000 shares to some of the sellers of the acquired real estate companies.
- On the 13th of October, a prospectus was published for the admission of newly issued shares, and on 13th and 14th of October a total of 10,576,778 new shares were registered.
- An extraordinary general meeting of Odd Molly International AB was held on October 15th, where a decision was made to amend the Articles of Association, approve a set-off issue and authorize the Board of Directors to decide on a new share issue.
- On November 20th, a prospectus was published in relation to the rights issue and the admission of newly issued shares from directed rights issues.
- In December, the fully guaranteed rights issue was carried out, which was heavily oversubscribed, which added MSEK 110, excluding costs relating to the issue, to the Company.
- After the new share issues, the number of shares as of December 31st, 2020, was 71,893,367 and the share capital was SEK 7,189,336.
- In November, Jason McMillion took over as the new CEO of Used By.
- On December 22, it was announced that Odd Molly had signed a letter of intent to acquire three warehouse and logistics properties in southern Sweden with an underlying property value of approximately MSEK 52.5. The property portfolio will generate an annual rental income of approximately MSEK 6.0 and a net operating income of approximately MSEK 4.7. The acquisition also includes a successful self storage business that Odd Molly plans to expand under the current owner’s direction as an independent business area within Odd Molly’s real estate business. On the same day, the company’s subsidiary Vaggeryd Logistikpark, signed its first two letters of intent to construct warehouse and logistics buildings of approximately 6,000 square meters, with a planned move-in date in November 2021. The estimated rental value amounts to just over MSEK 4.1, with an average lease period of approximately 9 years.
- On January 13, it was announced that Odd Molly had signed a letter of intent to acquire a modern warehouse and logistics property in Varberg with an underlying property value of MSEK 84. The property generates annual rental income of approximately MSEK 5.5 and holds a 10-year triple-net agreement with a net operating income of approximately SEK 4.9 million.
- On January 26, it was announced that Johanna Palm informed the Board of Directors and the CEO that she wishes to leave her role as Deputy CEO and CFO of Odd Molly. The process of appointing a successor has begun and the shift will take place by July 2021 at the latest.
- As previously communicated, a strategic review of the legal structure is carried forward with the goal to create optimal conditions for the fashion and the real estate business. As a first step, the fashion business will be operated in the wholly owned subsidiary Odd Molly Sverige AB, from January 1st, 2021. Other subsidiaries in the fashion business, except Used By International AB, are in liquidation. The real estate business continues to operate in the wholly owned subsidiaries of the parent company Odd Molly International AB.
This information is information that Odd Molly International AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted, through the agency of the above contact persons, for publication on 12 February 2021 at 08:00 CET.
This is an extract translation of the original Swedish language report. In the event of discrepancies, the original Swedish wording shall prevail.
For full report, see attached PDF (in Swedish)
Odd Molly International AB, Kornhamnstorg 6, 111 27 STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Tel.: +46 8 522 28 500